Cessnock Congregational Church is a family friendly church where you are welcome! We are a gathering of regular people - plumbers, mums, engineers, teachers, retired, electricians and lots of kids - living and working in our local community. We are a member church of the Fellowship of Congregational Churches
Anyone can come and learn about Jesus - the source of an abundant life - and Christianity in a friendly environment. For people who have decided to follow Jesus they are encouraged to grow in that relationship.
As an evangelical church we place the highest value on the Bible as God’s Word to us, teaching us about Him and about how we can mature in our knowledge, love and service for Him and others.
In addition to our weekly Sunday service we also run:
- Empowered Boy’s Group, for boys in school years 5 to 9;
- Trans4md Girl’s Youth Group, for girls in school years 7 and above;
- Trans4md Combined Youth Group, where both above groups join together;
- Home Groups, where everyone is welcome, to come together over a meal and offer mutual support and encouragement;
- Women’s Bible Study, for women interested in learning more about the Bible and to meet like-minded women;
- Men’s Ministry, where all men can meet over breakfast and offer each other mutual support.
Want to know more? Go to our contacts page to find how you can contact us by phone, email, Facebook, or in person!